MUV601 - Robin Le Couteur - Assignment 3, blog 4 - 2018


Assignment 3 Progress - Blog 4


In this blog I'll be talking about the progress with the general design of my project. My previous blogs talked mostly about the scripting and functional parts of the model, but never really the visuals.

This blog is a bit late because I've been focusing more on other assignments, but here we go anyways.

For the design of the environment that my piano would be in, I had quite a bit of difficulty thinking of something good. After wracking my brains I came up with something that was fairly interesting and would help fulfil some of the requirements of the build.

Here's a bit of a prototype that I came up with in SketchUp:


The idea was that I could go in the bottom and teleport up to the top, and when I'm done have a similar doorway to teleport back down. The curved shape could also be reproduced in SL with special prim manipulations which would fulfil some of the build requirements.

Also as shown more here, I also decided on a wood theme with sort of a high class feel.




I placed various lights and glows to give it a similar feel to the likes of a concert hall. I think it turned out quite nicely so I am quite pleased.

Progress was made on the keys throughout this process as well. I managed to script the keys to move down and up when they are pressed. This was pretty hard because with linked prims the movement is relative to the root prim, so I had to find a script that got the position of the key in relation to the root prim, then added my desired movement values to that relative value. If I didn't do any of this, the keys would just jump over to the root prim instead of moving relative to themselves.

I've still got a little bit to go with adding sounds and having a selection for different sounds, so I'll talk about that in my blog about the final result.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUV601 - Robin Le Couteur - Assignment 3, blog 1 planning - 2018

MUV601 - Robin Le Couteur - Assignment 3, blog 3 - 2018

MUV601 - Robin Le Couteur - Assignment 1, blog 1 - 2018