MUV601 - Robin Le Couteur - Assignment 1, blog 2 -2018 Blog 2 MUVE Platforms - Second Life The MUVE platform I’ll be talking about in this blog is the MUVE used for this course: Second Life(SL). Second Life was founded in 1999 by Linden Labs. It's a massive virtual world where you can go to a variety of different locations and do various activities. SL provides a platform for creativity, education, socializing, work, gaming, just relaxing, and many other things.The amount of different things you can use SL for is up to the imagination of the user. Functionality Looking at the functionality of SL, it has a wide range of features. Avatar First off, lets talk about your avatar. When you first join SL, you chose from a list of default avatars. Once in world, you can then create whatever avatar you want by making your own body, clothes, and other accessories. What you can do is almost limited to what you can create so you are free to design...
MUV601 - Robin Le Couteur - Assignment 1, blog 5 - 2018 Blog 2 MUVE Locations - Ivory Tower Library of Primitives F or my first location, I chose the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives. The reason I chose it is because when I first went there with the class, I was quite impressed at the amount of work that had been put into it. I feel like it’s a great place to go if you want to learn about how to build stuff in SL. The amount of resources you can look through is incredible, so it’s great for both newcomers learning how to rez basic things as well as people wishing to expand their knowledge or refresh their memory on how to make complex shapes with primitives. Located in Natoma, ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Natoma/210/164/28 ) The Ivory Tower Library of Primitives was created by Lumiere Noir who sadly passed away 2 years ago. It was first built in 2004 and got a rebuild in October 2009 and has been a fantastic place to learn ever since. Looking at what it provides for...
Comments
Post a Comment